To Carpet or Not to Carpet
Carpet has been around for a long time and has seen various styles throughout the years; from short to shag. Some people love carpet and some people remove it immediately from their homes. The following are the pros and cons of having carpet in your home to assist you in making an informed decision.
- Variety – there is a style and colour to suit any décor, and can easily hide flaws in the floor underneath.
- Warmth – excellent insulation to keep your feet warm in the colder months.
- Soft – it is not ideal to walk around barefoot all day. Carpet’s give extra cushion for your feet throughout your home, as well a better place to sit and play on the floor.
- Quiet – not only does carpet act as insulation to keep your feet warm, but also reduces noise from heavy walking or, chair scraping.
- Safe – carpet covers up potentially slippery floors, and if someone does accidentally slip the carpet will cushion the fall.
- Durable – carpets don’t crack, scratch or warp.
- Price – carpet is often a cheaper flooring option for your budget.
With all of the positives that come with having carpets it is hard to imagine that there can be too many negatives. However, there are a few things you should know.
- Maintenance & Cleaning – carpets need to be vacuumed frequently or the dust will stay trapped within, as well in order to get a deep clean (or to clean a stain) you will need a steam cleaner not just a mop.
- Allergens – carpet can trap dust and pet dander which could increase your allergies.
- Value – hardwood flooring often increases a home’s value.
- Style – though there is a huge variety for carpets when styles change it is harder to redecorate with a carpet than with a plan hardwood floor.
There is no one style fits and you need to chose the flooring that will be best for your family and home. Be sure to speak with a flooring specialist to get the floor that will suit your home
Come on In!
Mon – Fri : 10am – 5pm
Sat : 10am – 2pm
Sun : Closed
4424 Montrose Rd
Niagara Falls ON