Determining Quality Laminate
It can feel overwhelming when searching for a new floor. There are many options ranging in price, type, colour and quality. How does the average consumer find a floor that is worth the price and will last?
Here are a few things to look for in the showroom:
- Alignment – high-quality laminate locks together to create a flat, seamless floor.
- Natural Look – when looking at high-quality laminate you will not see the repeating pattern.
Looks aren’t everything. The way the flooring is constructed and the types of materials used are also important factors to consider.
Here are a few questions that can be asked when searching for laminate flooring:
- What grade is the laminate? There is a three-level scale used to determine the quality of the grade, the higher the grade the better the quality.
- What is the product’s ISO rating? For a higher quality look for 9001.
- Does this have a UV surface? This will help to slow the effects of direct sunlight on your flooring.
- What type of pressure is this laminate? High-pressure laminate is better quality than direct-pressure.
- Is this North American Laminate Flooring Association certified? This organization completes various quality tests on laminate flooring.
- What is the thickness? Laminate ranges from 6mm to 12mm and each thickness has its own set of pros and cons. It is best to speak with the flooring specialist to determine what thickness would work best for your needs.
- Is this laminate moisture resistant?
- Does the laminate floor have any chemicals in it?
When buying a floor, you want to be sure that it will not only look nice but will last and be safe for your family. Don’t be afraid to ask the above questions and more until you are fully satisfied with your purchase.
Come on In!
Mon – Fri : 10am – 5pm
Sat : 10am – 2pm
Sun : Closed
4424 Montrose Rd
Niagara Falls ON